Tinea Versicolor is a common fungal infection that interferes with the normal tanning of the skin. It usually appears in small spotty areas that are lighter than the surrounding skin. Antifungal creams, lotions or shampoos can help, but even after effective care, skin color may remain uneven for several weeks. The infection could return, especially in warm, humid, exposure. Tinea versicolor is not painful or contagious, but can cause emotional distress or self-consciousness. There are many over-the-counter and prescribed antifungal treatments. You can also try some simple, inexpensive Natural Remedies for Tinea Versicolor.
These natural remedies for tinea versicolor can really make much difference in your skin and also help you get rid of tinea versicolor permanently without pain and stress. Home remedies can help address both internal and external causes of the infection which prevents any recurrence.
Natural Essential Oils help you deal with the condition at home. Essential oils may be the natural remedies for tinea versicolor you have been looking for to get rid of this unsightly skin disease. It can develop on anyone, but it is usually common among teenagers and young adults.
Tea Tree Oil
Tinea versicolor might result in itchy and discolored skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil can help in relieving the itching.
- Mix seven drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 30 to 60 minutes before washing it off.
Eucalyptus Oil helps relieve the Symptoms of Tinea Versicolor and can also be used to fight the malassezia fungus.
- Take six to seven drops of eucalyptus oil and add a teaspoon of any carrier oil to it.
- Massage this mixture into the affected areas and leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash it off and pat your skin dry.
The anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antifungal activities of coconut oil can aid the treatment of tinea versicolor.
- Take a little castor oil in your hands and apply it all over the discolored skin.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and wash it off with plain water.
- You can also keep the oil on overnight.
You can clear up tinea versicolor using oregano essential oil. It is one of the most potent antifungal oils, which can fight the fungi responsible for the condition as well as reduce the symptoms.
- Prepare a solution with equal amounts of oregano essential oil and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Apply it on the affected areas using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy once daily for a few weeks.
Lavender oil is anti-inflammatory in nature and thus you can get relief from the symptoms such as pain, inflammation and skin irritation. Not only this, lavender oil is also very helpful in improving the skin health and helps in its recovery as well.
Home Remedies for Tinea Versicolor
If you want to know how to get rid of tinea versicolor, then we’ve got you covered. Our home remedies for tinea versicolor will treat the infection and return the color to your skin. Most of the time, anti-fungal creams, and anti-dandruff shampoos are prescribed. But it is better to try natural remedies for tinea versicolor as they are natural.
The main constituent of turmeric is curcumin, which has antifungal as well as anti-inflammatory properties that amazingly work well against tinea versicolor.
Take two teaspoons of turmeric powder and add a little water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste all over the discolored skin.
- Leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
It can significantly reduce the fungi’s ability to spread. In addition, it has many healing properties that promote healing of the damaged skin.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Optionally, you may mix a few drops of lavender oil into 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the gel or blend on the affected areas.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is an excellent remedy for tinea versicolor because of its antimicrobial properties. It provides control to stop the overgrowth of yeast.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Garlic is also an effective Herbal Treatment for Tinea Versicolor. Its antifungal properties help stop the growth of fungi and provide relief from itching.
- Mince some garlic and extract the juice.
- Apply the garlic extract to the affected area and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- You can also consume two cloves of garlic daily on an empty stomach.
Plain yogurt is an effective treatment to stop tinea versicolor. It is a natural cure for this type of skin disease. The probiotics in yogurt stop the yeast from spreading.
- Apply plain yogurt on the affected skin. Leave it on for at least 20 to 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Make sure it is nice and cold.
- Also, eat 2 to 3 cups of plain yogurt daily to help fight the yeast internally.
Neem is a very effective Tinea Versicolor Herbal Treatment and other for skin infections. This herb contains antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. It helps stop the spread of the yeast infection that causes tinea versicolor and promotes quick healing.
- Take a handful of neem leaves.
- Add water to them and blend.
- Apply the neem paste to the affected areas.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse it off.
- Take a shower every day
- Use hot water to wash your clothes and beddings
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Do not expose yourself to excessive heat
- Do not use tight clothing
- Do not use greasy or oily skin products
Most of the natural remedies for tinea versicolor discussed here are effective in treating cases of tinea versicolor and can be confidently tried at home. Most cases present with no other symptoms, with others giving an itchy sensation and possibly pain. Despite the appearance, it is not a contagious skin disorder and may be treated with natural home remedies. We tell you more about the infection and what you can do to treat it at home visit Herbal Care Products for natural remedies for tinea versicolor which are very effective.